OMG! Have you ever had a project that you've been working hard on, you're so excited about working on it, and you're so close to getting it completely and totally finished, only to discover that you screwed up and have to take it apart in order to make an attempt to fix it??? Well, that is EXACTLY what has happened to me with the second apron I am making for my Mom. You see when I make the aprons, I put batting in them in order to give them a little bit of padding. And with this apron, when I layered the front panel, back panel & batting together so that I could sew them all together, I put the batting in the wrong place. So when I went to turn the apron right side out to do the finishing stitching, that's when I saw it. The batting would be on the OUTSIDE!!! So now I have to rip all the stitching out around the entire apron, and piece it back together & sew it again. Only the overall size of the apron will be a tad smaller since I had already trimmed all the excess fabric after sewing all the way around it. I am hoping it all comes together and doesn't look too bad after all of this. But since I have now made this mistake, I know that I won't ever do it again. Every time I piece together an apron now, I will be sure to pay closer attention to the order I place the panels. Guess that's what I get for trying to rush to get a project finished.
Anyways, I thank you all for "listening to" my venting and rambling. I feel better now. LOL.
Until Next Time,
♥ Margie ♥